Skip to main content

Something I read in November....Just a review!



This was such a great story. Generally speaking, the story is about Remington Wyatt who witnesses a murder and goes on the run. She knows a lot about how to get "lost" because of the job she was working in at the time of the murder. Enter FBI agent, Rafe Baxter. In trying to further his career, he takes on a cold case having to do with the murder of a federal judge. Both of the main characters' paths lead them to Louisiana where the past has come to meet Remington in ways she hoped to avoid and where it is intersecting with her present and future in ways she could never imagine.

Robin Caroll does a great job of drawing you into a story that if not written correctly could have been confusing and boring. Instead, it is a story that is constantly moving and twisting in ways that keep you on the edge of your seat. Just when you think you have it figured out, something else beings to unravel! I LOVE those kinds of story lines. Once again, Robin has proved she is one of the best Christian Suspense (with a touch of romance) authors in our generation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are we willing to give it all as parents?

So I was driving today, and I heard this song that Matt Hammitt from the band, Sanctus Real, wrote.   He wrote it as a tribute and promise to his unborn child who they knew was going to born with a heart defect, but as I listened, it spoke to me in another way.  As humans, we all have problems and weaknesses.  As Christian parents, when our kids (especially teenagers) begin to show their, let's just say, not-so-nice side, we have to decide how we're going to respond. Sometimes the way our teenagers act bring out the not-so-nice side in us, too.  Discipline is necessary in parenting no matter what form it takes, but what do we do with our hearts?  What do we do when our children disappoint us, make us angry, even go through spells when we may not even <gasp> like them very much?  How do we handle it?  Sadly, we tend to hold our hearts back.  We fall into a form of conditional love without even realizing it.  Our kids let us down or don...

A little on the light side

So, tonight the DH (darling husband) and I are going to a "Cocktail Attire" event. Of course, as any good woman knows, I didn't have anything to wear so I've been shopping a tiny bit. Looking for something that looks good, but not obscene. Something that looks like something a 40-something should wear and not a 20-something. Shoes that I can actually stand and possible dance in. And of course, something that doesn't add to our debt. Shopping for this event has not been easy.....and dare I say it? It has not been fun. Fact one -- women my age who want to still look really cool and gorgeous, but also modest, do not have very many options in the cocktail dress department; add 50 pounds overweight and the choices decrease exponentially. Fact two -- bad back plus a knee that has been acting up for over a week equals very slim choices in the cute shoe department also. I put these gorgeous 3" heals on, and immediately, my right knee is aching. Really? Really?...

New To Me

I am going to attempt to start blogging. I love to read and I like to write. Do I have anything worth saying? Not sure, but sometimes it just helps to get it out there! Is my life perfect? Nope, but I truly live a blessed life. You can almost always find me in some kind of Bible study and also reading some kind of Christian fiction. I'm not that picky. I've been an avid reader my whole life. That part of me never seems to change! Lots of other things have changed now that I've reached my 40's.....but we'll go there at a later date! I just finished reading a really interesting detective story called Back on Murder , by J. Mark Bertrand. It was a very thought-provoking book about a police officer's struggles with his job and wanting to get back to place in his career that he had "lost" for a while after a personal tragedy. I enjoyed the insight into a police officer's mind as well as the specifics of the mystery. It kept me guessing as to...